Writing for Publication: A Course for Novice Authors
1 day course
Delivery Format: In-Class
Writing for publication is an essential skill to support the dissemination of knowledge and innovation in nursing practice, research and education. This one day course will provide the novice nurse writer with the essential knowledge and tools to author a publication. Addressing both the author and publisher’s perspectives, this course will offer strategies to support the dissemination of results from varied initiatives such as quality/safety interventions, clinical practice guideline development, or implementation of best practice initiatives.
Schedule and Location
The schedule for the 2019 course has not been determined. The May 2018 schedule is available for reference as a Printable PDF – updated January 23, 2018
Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing Health Sciences Building University of Toronto 155 College Street Toronto, ON, Canada M5T 1P8 ( map )
Linda Johnston PhD FEANS FAAN Dean and Professor Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing University of Toronto Professor Johnston is internationally recognized for her contributions to the field of nursing and patient care. She is an Honorary Professor at the University of Melbourne (Australia), Visiting Professor at Soochow University (China), and an Honorary Professor at the University of Hong Kong. She is an Adjunct Professor at Vanderbilt University. Her professional activities have been notable, particularly as founder and chair of the Australian Collaboration of Neonatal Nurse Researchers, Fellow of both the European Academy of Nursing Science and American Academy of Nursing, and as past-Editor of the journal Neonatal, Paediatric and Child Health Nursing. Her research interests include understanding the long term physical, social and emotional outcomes for babies and families experiencing surgery in the neonatal period. Her policy interests include clinical academic career pathways and the advancement of nursing research in the discipline.
Early Bird price (ends April 27, 2018) $315 + HST Regular price (starting April 28, 2018) $350 + HST U of T Nursing Alumni save 15%* $295 + HST U of T Nursing Adjunct and Status Faculty save 15%** $295 + HST Student in U of T Faculty of Nursing save 50%*** $175 + HST
A group discount rate is available for site groups of three or more people. For details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration is limited.
- Advanced registration is required. You must register by May 21, 2018. No on-site registration at the event.
- *U of T Nursing Alumni discount is available to participants who hold a BScN, MN, PMNP Diploma, MScN or PhD from the Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing, University of Toronto.
- **U of T Nursing Faculty discount is available to participants who hold a faculty position, adjunct or status appointment, or are a Clinical Instructor (current academic year only) at the Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing, University of Toronto.
- ***Student in U of T Faculty of Nursing discount is available to students who are currently registered in the BScN, MN, PMNP or PhD programs at the Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing
- Applicable taxes (13% HST) will be added to the registration fees.
- Refund Policy – To withdraw from the course and receive a refund, your written request must be emailed to email@example.com by April 27, 2018. No refunds will be given after this date. All refunds are subject to an administration fee of $100 + tax. As an alternative, a colleague may attend in your place. Please send your substitution request at least 7 days before the course.
- Course Cancellation Policy – The University reserves the right to cancel courses due to unavailability of instructors, facilities or insufficient enrolment. Decisions on course cancellations are made at least 15 calendar days prior to the course starting date, so early registration is recommended. If you enroll in a course that is subsequently cancelled, you may transfer to another section of that course if an alternative is available; or you may receive a full refund. We are not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you.
Payment method options
You have two payment options if you are an individual registering for this course:
- Register online with a credit card.
- Register by mail with a certified cheque or money order.
If you are registering on behalf of a site group of three or more people and want to take advantage of the special discounted price please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can register and pay online with a credit card.
Certified cheque or money order:
You can register and pay by mail.
Step 1: Type your information onto the online form and then print the page (i.e. don’t click “Confirmation and Payment”. Don’t pay by online credit card). Step 2: Obtain a certified cheque or money order payable to “University of Toronto” for the registration fee plus 13% HST. No personal cheques. No debit cards.
Fees (including HST)
Early Bird price (ends April 27, 2018) $355.95 incl HST Regular price (starting April 28, 2018) $395.50 incl HST U of T Nursing Alumni save 15%* $333.35 incl HST U of T Nursing Adjunct and Status Faculty save 15%** $333.35 incl HST Student in U of T Faculty of Nursing save 50%*** $197.75 incl HST Step 3: Mail the paper registration form with payment (no personal cheques, no cash, no credit cards, no debit cards) to:
Centre for Professional Development Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing University of Toronto Suite 130, 155 College Street, Toronto, ON M5T 1P8
Step 4: When we receive your registration form we will email a confirmation notice.
Email: email@example.com Website: bloomberg.nursing.utoronto.ca/pd Phone: (416) 978-1784 Address: Centre for Professional Development (PD) Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing University of Toronto 155 College Street, Suite 130 Toronto, ON Canada M5T 1P8 map