This is a 10-week on-line course accessed through the University of Toronto’s Learning Portal (Quercus). It is primarily self-paced; however participants are required to engage in discussions and submit activities/assignments within identified timelines (weekly). It is estimated that up to 8 hours of study per week is required for successful completion.
In each of the 10 weeks, participants are expected to:
- View an e-learning module
- Read required readings
- Participate in the learning activities/assignments
Learning activities and the culminating assignment will provide opportunity for reflection and demonstration of learning. For this course, the learning activities / assignments include:
Other Courses in this Certificate Program
Nursing Education 1: Theoretical Perspectives and Context
This 10-week on-line course focuses on development of a foundational knowledge base in education theory and pedagogical issues relevant to nursing education in the practice setting. Participants will explore the […]
Nursing Education 3: Assessment and Evaluation
This 10-week on-line course focuses on development of a foundational knowledge base in education assessment and evaluation relevant to nursing education in the practice setting. Participants will: Course Objectives By […]
- Early Bird price (ends December 8, 2023)
- $845 + HST
- Regular price (starts December 9, 2023)
- $940 + HST
- U of T Nursing Alumni save 15%
- $800 + HST
- U of T Nursing Faculty save 15%
- $800 + HST
A group discount rate is available for site groups of three or more people. For details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Refund Policy – To withdraw from a course, send a written request to email@example.com by December 8, 2023. No refunds will be given after this date. All refunds are subject to an administrative fee of $100 + tax. Alternatively, a colleague may attend in your place. Please send your substitution request at least 3 days prior to the course to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration is limited.
- Register deadline: January 8, 2024
- U of T Nursing Alumni discount is available to BScN, MN, PMNP Diploma, MScN or PhD graduates of the Lawrence Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing, University of Toronto.
- U of T Nursing Faculty discount is available to individuals with a faculty position, adjunct or status appointment, or are a Clinical Instructor (current academic year only) at the Lawrence Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing, University of Toronto.
- Student in U of T Faculty of Nursing discount is available to individuals currently registered in the BScN, MN, PMNP or PhD programs at the Lawrence Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing.
- Applicable taxes (13% HST) will be added to the registration fees.
- Course Cancellation Policy – The Centre for Professional Development reserves the right to cancel courses due to circumstances. The decision to cancel a course is normally made 15 days prior to the course. If you are enrolled in a course which is subsequently cancelled, you may apply your fee to another course, or receive a full refund. The Centre is not responsible for any travel or other expenses incurred by you.
The Ontario Student Assistance Program now offers funding for micro-credentials (short training programs offered by post-secondary institutions), including a number of courses offered by the Centre for Professional Development. This funding initiative is part of Ontario’s micro-credentials strategy, helping learners access more opportunities to train or upskill for in-demand jobs through loans and grants.
How to Apply for OSAP Funding
This course is OSAP approved (more approved courses are listed below, and you can also verify on the Micro-credentials Portal). To apply for financial assistance through OSAP you will need to establish an OSAP account. You must apply before the course completion date. Visit Ontario.ca/OSAP.
Once you have registered for an eligible OSAP Micro-credential program, the University Registrar’s Office requires a Micro-Credential Program information form to be completed to process your OSAP application. Please fill out the top section of the form and send it to email@example.com to get assistance in completing the form.
For questions regarding the OSAP Micro-Credential funding, eligibility or application process, please contact UofT’s Enrolment Services directly at http://uoft.me/enrolment-services, or by phone at 416-978-2190 for assistance.