Research Office Newsletter
Our monthly research office newsletter provides information on grant and award funding opportunities across Canada and internationally, for both graduate students and faculty of Bloomberg Nursing.
Grant Funding Resources
Grant Application Resources
- My Research Application Information
- My Research Applications login site
- CIHR Application Strategy Webinar – January 15, 2014
Publication Resources and Predatory Journals and Conferences
- Deceptive Publishing Guide (University of Toronto Libraries)
- How to avoid deceptive publishers (University of Toronto, Research & Innovation)
- Directory of Open Access Journals lists high quality, open access, peer-reviewed journals
- Predatory Journals and Conferences: Himmelfarb Health Sciences Library
- Predatory Conferences: Think, Check, Attend
- Ten simple rules for effective presentation slides, Kristin Naegle, PLoS Medicine
Article Processing Fee Discounts
The University of Toronto Libraries offer eligible UofT authors discounts on article processing fees for some journals.
Integrating Sex and Gender into Research/Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- Integrating Sex and Gender into research: Women’s College Hospital
- Essential metrics for assessing sex and gender integration in research
- CIHR Sex, Gender and Health Resources
- CIHR Sex and Gender Research and Methods
- Maritime SPOR Support Unit tips and resources
- CIHR Meet the Methods Series: Methods for prospectively and retrospectively incorporating gender-related variables in clinical research
- University of Toronto’s site on EDI in Research & Innovation
- American Medical Association guidance on reporting race and ethnicity in medial and scientific journals
- Doing better: eleven ways to improve the integration of sex and gender in health research proposals, Robin Mason, Research Integrity and Peer Review 2020; 5, article number 15.
- New Frontiers in Research Fund: Best practices in equity, diversity, and inclusion in research
- SSHRC examples of EDI in research practice and guiding questions
- NSERC Equity, diversity and inclusion considerations at each stage of the research process
- NSERC Alliance Grants: Equity, diversity and inclusion in your training plan
- Centre for Gender and Sexual Health Equity: Gender and Sex Research Toolkit
- Sex and Gender Equity in Research (SAGER) Guidelines
- Guidance on the Use of Standards for Race-based and Indigenous Identity Data Collection and Health Reporting in Canada, Canadian Institute for Health Information
- Statistics Canada Gender, Diversity and Inclusion Statistics includes disaggregated data and tested and trusted statistical standards
- NVivo Software Licenses for Faculty, Staff and Students
- Covidence University of Toronto Libraries Institutional License
- ProQuest RefWorks is a citation management tool available to current students, staff, and faculty at the University of Toronto; UTORID log in required
- REDCap at University of Toronto. Lawrence Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing Faculty, Staff or Students who want access to REDCap should set up UofT’s multifactor authorization (after reading the info page, go to the “Self-Enrollment” tab) and then complete and return the REDCap access form to email@example.com.
- REDCap Resources and training videos from the Centre for Research Innovation and Support (UTORID log in may be required).
- The U of T Map and Data Library offers on-site access to software such as geolocation/geospatial software (ArcGIS), statistical software (STATA, SPSS, and SAS), text and data mining tools, data visualization tools and offers support and tutorials.
Research Data Management
- Research Data Management Tips (University of Toronto Libraries)
- DMP Assistant – developed by the Portage Network to aid in writing data management plan
- Centre for Research and Innovation Support Spotlight on Working Securely
- University of Toronto Data Classification and FAQs
- University of Toronto Guidelines for Protecting Information
- University of Toronto Information Management: What to use when