The Bloomberg Nursing Simulation Lab facility is available for rent on a recurrent basis (weekly/monthly), as well as for intermittent and one-time events. Located on College Street just west of University Avenue, our conveniently located state-of-the-art 4,000 square foot space is equipped with:
- an inpatient ward with twelve beds and a large nursing station
- a critical care unit with four patient beds
- the Bluma Appel Isolation Room, an isolation room with an ante- and exit room
- a full operating room
- a one-bed post-anaesthesia care unit
- a home care setting living space, that also works as an interview or ambulatory clinic room
- pan-tilted zoom cameras and hanging microphones throughout the facility.
The Sim Lab can be used for a rich array of activities, including:
- Research studies requiring a simulated hospital
- Health-care equipment trials and demonstrations
- Media photo shoots
- Television & movie filming
- Hospital orientations
- Performance evaluations
- Mock codes
- Critical care education courses
- Implementation of research protocols
- Development and testing of instructional DVDs or film
- Clinical skill refresher courses requiring simulation
Organizations and groups both within and outside of the University of Toronto community are welcome to book the space.
Click here to take a virtual photo tour of our Sim Lab.
See our floor plan: Sim Lab Floor Plan.
For facility rental inquiries, please contact Luciana Boic at 416-978-7703 or email@example.com