Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing

Navi Mental Health Wayfinder

Knowledge without borders

Admission Resources
Incoming Students
  • How to apply

    As an established and growing presence on the global stage, the Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing welcomes students of substance from the international community. As part of our mandate to improve nursing and health care around the globe, the U of T Faculty of Nursing encourages interest from international students.

    Undergraduate Applicants

    English Language Requirements
    Are you required to present proof of English facility? What tests or qualifications are acceptable as proof of English facility? What test scores or final grades are required to meet admission requirements for English facility? The University of Toronto’s English Language Requirements website will help you answer these questions.

    Academic Records/Transcripts

    Applicants must submit official transcripts of all post-secondary institutions attended by following the procedures in the Documents Required section.

    Graduate Applicants

    English Language Requirements
    If your primary language is not English and you graduated from a non-Canadian university where the language of instruction and examination was not English, then you must demonstrate your facility in English. This requirement should be met at the time you submit your application. Please visit the School of Graduate Studies site for a list of acceptable tests and scores.

    Visa applicants and internationally-educated applicants utilize the same application process as all other applicants, which is our School of Graduate Studies online application.

    Degree recognition
    Graduates of recognized academic institutions outside Canada should hold an appropriate bachelor’s degree or its equivalent as assessed by the University of Toronto. Use the International Degree Equivalencies tool to see which international credentials are required for masters and doctoral admissions at U of T.

    Academic Records/Transcripts
    Applicants must provide, in officially sealed envelopes, official copies of their complete academic records, including all courses and grades from each university attended, and bearing official seals. Applicants should arrange for their record(s) to be sent directly to the Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing from the issuing institution(s). Applicants who submit their records themselves must ensure that the officially sealed envelopes remain unopened. An official English translation must accompany all international non-English documentation.


    View our current fee schedule for international students.

    International Offices
    University of Toronto, Centre for International Experience


  • Incoming Students

    Centre for International Experience

    The Centre for International Experience  (CIE) provides a range of information and services to international students studying at the University of Toronto. Take some time to explore their website and view their podcasts. We have provided a number of links in the sections that follow to specific pages that we think you will find particularly helpful.

    Study Permit, Entry VISA

    The Centre for International Experience has a website and pre-arrival webcast that provide information on travel documents required for entry to Canada, what you can expect at customs, and what you can bring with you. For a list of countries and territories whose citizens require a VISA, in addition to a study permit, to enter Canada as a visitor please visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

    Health & Health Insurance

    The Centre for International Experience has a website and pre-arrival webcast that provides information on health care in Canada, the University Health Insurance Program (UHIP) enrolment and start dates, how you can use your insurance, and where to pick up your UHIP card.


    The CIE’s Next-Steps Checklist  is a useful guide to help you think about things you will need to do before you leave your home country and things you will need to do shortly after arriving at U of T.

    Student Advising

    International Student Advisors at U of  T  provide a range of services, which are available to all international students. Services include information about study permits, entry visas, inviting family to visit you in Canada, working in Canada, obtaining a Social Insurance Number, filing income taxes, and permanent residency. The student advising office is located at Cumberland House, 33 St. George St.


    Orientation activities take place in the week or two leading up to the start of classes in early September and will allow you to meet your new classmates and get oriented to the university and its resources. Visit the CIE’s website for more information about orientation activities.

    Mentorship Program

    CIE’s iConnect Mentorship Program connects globally-minded University of Toronto undergraduate and graduate students. Visit the CIE website to find out more and to register for the program.

  • Scholarships

    Bluma Appel Community Trust Award

    Created to entice top international PhD students to join the faculty, the award places emphasis on their contributions toward further enriching the University of Toronto’s learning environment.  Two recipients will be recognized for their ground-breaking research that shapes health care institutions globally, and their key skills in transferring knowledge to future nurses who will manage and lead in health care settings.

    See here for details on the application process and the award.

    International Student Awards

    The following award information is provided by organizations and agencies external to the university. Questions regarding these awards should be directed to the awarding organization or agency.  International students who are applying for awards to support graduate study in Canada are advised to investigate the award opportunities at least one year in advance of when their studies begin.

    For further information, please refer to SGS website for details.




Site Directory