This course is a 8-week course delivered through the University of Toronto’s learning management system (Quercus). It is primarily self-paced, however participants are required to engage in discussions and submit activities/assignments within identified timelines (usually weekly). It is estimated that participants need to allocate ~8 hours per week to complete the required components of the course.
In each of the 8 weeks,
participants are expected to:
- View an e-learning module
- Read required readings (~2)
- Participate in the learning activity/assignments
For this course, the learning activities / assignments include:
- On-line discussion activities which provide opportunity for participants to learn from the varied experiences, roles, and perspectives of others
- Three LIVE (via Zoom) session will take place for faculty & participants to engage with one another in a group discussion (alternative option is also available for this activity for those unable to attend)
- The submission of one short written assignment
Topic outline includes: (Please note this is a outline as of Sept 2021 which is subject to minor changes)
Other Courses in this Certificate Program
Clinical Leadership Long-Term Care 1: Context Core Leadership Skill Development
This 8-week online course focuses on the practical application of theory and evidence for clinical leadership that supports excellence in resident care and care team collaboration within the Long-Term Care […]
- Early Bird price (ends January 5, 2024)
- $715 + HST
- Regular price (starts January 6, 2024)
- $785 + HST
- U of T Nursing Alumni save 15%
- $670 + HST
- U of T Nursing Adjunct and Status Faculty save 15%
- $670 + HST
A group discount rate is available for site groups of three or more people. For details please contact email@example.com.
- Refund Policy – To withdraw from the course and receive a refund, your written request must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 5, 2024. No refunds will be given after this date. All refunds are subject to an administration fee of $100 + tax. As an alternative, a colleague may attend in your place. Please send your substitution request at least 7 days before the course.
- Advanced registration is required. Registration deadline: February 5, 2024.
- U of T Nursing Alumni discount is available to BScN, MN, PMNP Diploma, MScN or PhD graduates of the Lawrence Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing, University of Toronto.
- U of T Nursing Faculty discount is available to individuals with a current (at time of registration) faculty position, adjunct or status appointment, at the Lawrence Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing, University of Toronto.
- Applicable taxes (13% HST) will be added to the registration fees.
- Course Cancellation Policy – The University reserves the right to cancel courses due to unavailability of instructors, facilities or insufficient enrolment. Decisions on course cancellations are made at least 15 calendar days prior to the course starting date, so early registration is recommended. If you enroll in a course that is subsequently cancelled, you may transfer to another section of that course if an alternative is available; or you may receive a full refund. We are not responsible for travel fees or any expenses incurred by you.
The Ontario Student Assistance Program now offers funding for micro-credentials (short training programs offered by post-secondary institutions), including a number of courses offered by the Centre for Professional Development. This funding initiative is part of Ontario’s micro-credentials strategy, helping learners access more opportunities to train or upskill for in-demand jobs through loans and grants.
How to Apply for OSAP Funding
This course is OSAP approved (more approved courses are listed below, and you can also verify on the Micro-credentials Portal). To apply for financial assistance through OSAP you will need to establish an OSAP account. You must apply before the course completion date. Visit Ontario.ca/OSAP.
Once you have registered for an eligible OSAP Micro-credential program, the University Registrar’s Office requires a Micro-Credential Program information form to be completed to process your OSAP application. Please fill out the top section of the form and send it to email@example.com to get assistance in completing the form.
For questions regarding the OSAP Micro-Credential funding, eligibility or application process, please contact UofT’s Enrolment Services directly at http://uoft.me/enrolment-services, or by phone at 416-978-2190 for assistance.