The Faculty of Nursing’s Recording and Editing Suite is a sound-dampened space outfitted with the equipment needed to create and edit multimedia content. The space is bookable through IT and after an orientation is meant to be easy to use without extensive setup or training. The room has a full suite of software and is equipped with LED lights, a microphone, a high definition webcam, a green screen, a Wacom tablet, and a range of multimedia production software. Typical uses of the space include:
- Creating and editing educational content such as screen recordings, lectures, or annotated talks.
- Recording interviews, podcasts, and editing other audio content.
- Creating marketing material or knowledge translation for research projects
- Hosting webinars or online classes
- Livestreaming to YouTube or Facebook Live