The Lawrence Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing and the Dalla Lana School of Public Health are pleased to announce the opening of the Health Sciences Building Meditation Room, located in room 786. This space is available throughout the day on a drop-in basis for quiet meditation, prayer and other spiritual practices.
When using the space, we ask that sound is kept to a minimum in consideration of other people, and that food and beverages are not brought into the room. The guidelines for this space are posted on the bulletin board just outside this room and are attached to this email for reference. In addition, posted on this board are locations of other multi-faith spaces at the University of Toronto St. George Campus. The meditation space will be monitored and maintained by student volunteers, but any requests to modify the room, its use, or furnishings should be directed to the Dean’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opening this space is the result of a multi-year effort by many students and staff throughout the Health Sciences Building. In particular, we would like to recognize our working group volunteers including:
- Multi-Faith Centre Reps: Richard Chambers & Punita Lumb
- Nursing Grad Student Rep: Gabriela Escobar
- Nursing Undergrad Student Rep: Claudia Molinaro
- Nursing Admin Rep: Nathan Doidge
- IHPME Student Rep: Thiv Paramsothy
- IHPME Admin Rep: Yanna Sventzouris
- PHS Student Rep: Muhim Abdalla
- PHS Admin Rep: Robin Hurst
- Project Coordinator: Sandra Lang
Thank-you to all those involved for helping to make our building a welcoming and invigorating space for everyone.